Book our Board Room for your next staff meeting! Our flexible, modern, and spacious room is offered at a low cost. Our office is located on the main level of the Old Quebec Street Shoppes, right in the heart of downtown Guelph, with ample parking in the adjoining parkade. To request use of the Guelph Community Foundation’s (GCF) Board Room, (Community Room), please complete the form linked below or email [email protected].
Community Room Details
- Seating for 10-15, max occupancy is 20 according to fire and safety code compliance
- Approximately 650 square feet of space
- Office hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday but the space can be booked outside of office hours
- The room is accessible by wheelchair
- Not for profit rate is $25 /hour, the regular rate is $50 /hour
- These rates include use of whiteboard, markers, and LCD projector
- Public bathrooms are available in the mall
- There is no kitchen access, but outside catering is permitted
To book the Community Room, please complete our online booking form or email [email protected].
Rental Terms & Conditions
Our community room may be booked for meetings, education or training seminars, cultural events or community interest activities. All use of our space should be in keeping with the spirit of what is acceptable in a community space and should not interfere with regular operations. Meeting rooms are not rented for private social functions, trade expos, religious services, direct sales of products or programs that are not suited to our physical office facility and family-oriented atmosphere. Requests are processed by GCF Staff Monday to Friday 9-4 pm through email. Note: Your reservation is not official until you receive confirmation from GCF.
- Booking priority for the use of our Community Room will be on a first come basis.
- Rooms may not be booked by any groups with the intent of breaking any laws, promoting racist or obscene programs, may not be in contraventions of the Ontario Human Rights Code, 1990 and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, 1982. GCF reserves the right to monitor any meeting held in its facilities to determine compliance.
- A rental fee is charged in accordance with the size of the room and its facilities.
- Rooms will be rented and charged based on a minimum of 2 hours.
- A representative of the group or organization will be required to sign the Community Room Booking Form. Groups must designate a contact person responsible for room bookings.
- The payment of any professional fee to a performer or speaker is the responsibility of the sponsoring group or organization.
- Smoking is not permitted. Possession and consumption of alcohol is not permitted. Use of open flames, smoke or odour produced by burning aromatic substances such as candles or incense is strictly prohibited. Food preparation or cooking is not allowed.
- Organizations are responsible for ensuring that the allowable seating capacity of the room is not exceeded.
- Set-up of the tables, chairs and equipment before, and clean-up of the room after the event is the responsibility of the organization renting the facilities. Renters should allow sufficient time for the set-up and clean-up of the room as part of the booking. Set-up may be arranged if requested in advance of the meeting with sufficient notice.
- It is the responsibility of the renting group to evacuate the room in case of fire alarm or other emergency and maintain a log to ensure that all participates have safely evacuated.
- GCF is not responsible for damage to, theft, or loss of articles or property belonging to the persons renting rooms and/or programs attendees.
Booking, Fees, Payment, Cancellations and Refunds
- The Community Rooms may be requested online, but a signed and scanned Room Rental Form must be returned to us within 10 business days of the verbal/emailed booking or a minimum of 14 days prior to the booking. Space will not be held without advance payment.
- Meeting rooms may be booked 6 months in advance based on availability. GCF reserves the right to limit the number of bookings.
- Technical assistance will not be available from GCF personnel.
- Laptops and chargers are not provided by GCF. Guest WIFI and a projector is available.
- Payment must be made in advance through e-transfer sent to [email protected]
- Cancellations for room bookings must be submitted in writing at least 2 business days in advance. Refunds will be issued by e-transfer. No refunds will be given if cancellations are not received at least 2 business days in advance of booking.
- At the discretion of GCF, rental charges may be waived if the activities of the group align with GCF’s mission or when the group is partnering with GCF in the delivery of a program.