Our goal is to be responsive to the donor’s personal, financial and philanthropic objectives. All donors to The Guelph Community Foundation can expect:
- To be informed of The Foundation’s mission, of the way The Foundation intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on The Foundation’s Board of Directors, and to expect the Board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to The Foundation’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured donor gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition, with respect to requests for privacy and anonymity.
- To be assured that information about the donor’s gift is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.